· 143 SCRs were initiated between April 2013 and March 2014 – a 53% increase on the same period the previous year.
· The number of SCRs initiated as a result of an incident of serious harm almost trebled.
· 48 children died from natural causes, of whom 32 were children with severe disabilities or life-limiting illnesses; of these 32 children, 23 were looked after.
· 31 children and young people died from non-accidental death.
· 30 children and young people died from ‘dangerous behaviour’ a figure which includes 20 suicides.
Read more at: http://www.ofsted.gov.uk/resources/serious-incident-notifications-official-statistics-release